Fruit & nut chocolates
As you may already know, I’m part british (although many people can’t tell due to my mish-mash of an accent) which automatically makes me a Cadbury lover. And it is no secret that my all-time favourite chocolate is their Fruit & Nut – followed closely by Toblerone, because who better than the Swiss, right? -.
That together with the fact that recently I’ve had this huge craving, and that I’ve had a brand new chocolate mold that was waiting for me to free it from its box (yes, it hadn’t been used, ergo, not opened, since I got it from my bestie for my birthday in July, I know, shame on me)… I had a lightbulb moment! Not that I’m claiming this is the best thing since sliced bread, or am I?
- 200g / 3/4 cups good quality chocolate
- 50g / 3 tbsp whole almonds
- 50g / 3 tbsp whole raisins
- Start by tempering the chocolate in a medium bowl. If you’re wondering, this is how I learned. This will allow the chocolate to hold back its shape once it’s hardened.
- Add the almonds and the raisins. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour carefully onto the chocolate mold and let it cool.
- This might be the most simple recipe in my website so far! Feel free to mix things up, add other nuts or dried fruit of your choice.
- It should go without saying that you don’t need an actual chocolate mold. An ice tray will also do the trick.