Salted caramel mulled cider
Here in Germany you can hear Christmas around the corner (I won’t mention the fact that all the stores carry the typical seasonal crap since already weeks ago…). It’s beautifully autumnal right now, the yellow and red leaves are scattered everywhere and it just feels so cozy that all I want to do is curl up with a book, a nice blanket and a hot drink. So I believe the season of warm alcoholic drinks should be officially inaugurated!
This recipe is perfect to give you all the autumn feels:
- 2l / 8 1/2 cups cider
- 250ml / 1 cup cloudy apple juice
- 4 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- 1 vanilla pod, halved
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Mix salted caramel together with cider and reserve.
- Put a tall pot on low heat, and pour the apple juice, vanilla pod and cinnamon. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add cider to the simmering pot and allow to bring to a boil. Take off the heat immediately and serve.
- Top with whipped cream and some more salted caramel.
- Add a scoop of ice cream: vanilla, salted caramel, cheesecake… the possibilities are endless!
- Obviously you can also use salted caramel from a different source than my own recipe, I just think that most homemade things are much better.