Easy dinner: Peanut-tahini vegan stir fry
Once again I bring you a recipe inspired by a challenge by the Cocinando Sabores blog: a very easy weeknight dinner recipe, healthy, quick and completely plant based! I personally really enjoy being able to put together a delicious and healthy dinner in very little time (about 30 minutes!) so I can enjoy my evening after a day in the office. This one ticks all the boxes, and it will leave you feeling satisfied but energetic enough to do whatever it is you like to do after work.
This recipe will feed 2 people:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- fresh ginger to taste
- salt and pepper
- We’ll start with the tahini sauce: in a blender, combine all ingredients (except salt and pepper) until you have a smooth sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into sticks
- 2 courgettes, sliced into sticks
- 2 pak choi bulbs
- 2 handfuls green beans
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- a handful of peanuts
- Put the coconut oil in a big pan on medium heat. Once it’s melted, add the carrots and cook for about 8 minutes. Stir every once in a while to make sure nothing sticks or burns.
- Add the green beans, cook for 5 minutes. Continue stirring.
- Finally add the pak choi and courgettes, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked, pour the sauce and mix well to coat. Add the peanuts on top.
- Feel free to mix it up and change the vegetables according to your liking! Just be mindful that each vegetable might have a different cooking time. In this case, I cooked the carrots first as they take longer, then the green beans and finally the veggies with the shortest cooking time.
- You can skip the peanuts, or substitute them for a different nut. Cashews go really well with this recipe too.