Lavender and rosemary cocktail
Spring is my favourite time of the year in Berlin, the city wakes up after the stagnant and grey winter (this one especially, as it didn’t snow a lot) and it literally springs into bloom as the trees go from bare to lush green in a matter of days. The days become longer and the temperatures warmer and you wake up in the morning with the promise of grabbing a beer at the park after work. Or perhaps this cheeky prosecco cocktail! It is no secret that I love a good glass of bubbly – or two – and when the sun comes out of hiding I will find any excuse possible for this! This time of year nothing feels more like a spontaneous holiday than finishing work and popping to the supermarket to grab a cold bottle and some glasses and head to the river to drink it in good company. And this cocktail has all the ingredients to become one of your new fav0urites: sparkly, the lovely contrast between rosemary and lavender, and low on calories, as it has honey instead of sugar.
- 100ml mild flavoured honey
- 300ml water
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1tbsp dried lavender
- 1l prosecco
- Mix the honey with the water in a small pot at medium heat.
- Once the honey is dissolved, add the rosemary and lavender and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the syrup to cool. Drain the rosemary and lavender (optional).
- Once cold, mix together with the prosecco and serve cold or over ice cubes (although keep in mind this will eventually water it down).
- Make it alcohol-free! Instead of prosecco, you can use 1l of water or homemade lemonade.
- Add thyme to the mix to make it, if possible, even better!